<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Swetha's Fusion
Where there is Fusion there is Creation!

Crispy Lavash Rolls - Substitute for Vegetable Puff

Friday, June 26, 2020
Hello, welcome to one more of my blog-post. This recipe I came up with by accident ..say about 15 years ago. A new small Mediterranean grocery store opened next to the craft-store I usually visit.  I just dropped by to check out what they had. Besides all the dry-fruits, there were many interesting things I had never seen before. Since, there were no other customers, I asked plenty of questions for the storekeeper who was more than happy to answer me. I walked out with lots of dry-fruits, a bottle honey, box of baklava, some veggies and a pack of Lavash bread.  The bread was in huge rectangle shape, I cut them into smaller pieces and warmed them on tawa to have for dinner with curry. But as I warmed it, the bread turned crispy and brittle like papad. Hmm! this is not good. Well I had to come up with something to use the bread. 15 years ago, internet was not filled with information or recipes as it is now. Did not find much online. So I came up with idea of making roles. Of course, now, when you search up on internet you will see so many recipes using Lavash bread, most commonly Lavash bread warps. So here is what I came up with.... an healthy alternative for Vegetable Puff you get in Indian bakery.
Ingredients:
  • Lavash bread 
  • Dry curry - I usually use onion and potato curry or any other curry will do
  • Butter - 2 tbsp
  • Garlic - 2 cloves
  • Spices and Herbs for flavoring 
Method:
  1. Cut Lavash bread into  about 6 inch by 4 inch rectangle pieces
  2. Warm up the curry if it is cold
  3. Melt butter.
  4. Chop and crush garlic in to course paste in a mortar. Add it to the melted butter.
  5. To the butter-garlic mix, add other spices and herbs of your choice. I add black pepper powder, oregano, parsley etc. Keep aside.
  6. Lay the Lavash bread piece. spoon some curry on one corner. Roll the bread. Apply bit of water on the other end so that the bread sticks and holds the shape (as shown in the picture)
  7. Prepare the rolls with rest of the Lavash bread pieces
  8. Heat a flat tawa (griddle). I am using an electric tawa here.

  9. Place the prepared rolls and grill them on medium low 
  10. Using a brush, apply the butter mix over the rolls. 
  11. After the bottom-side cooks and turns to golden color, turn over the rolls
  12. Apply the butter mix on the now top-side and cook until golden brown. 
  13. Once done, remove from the tawa.
  14. Serve hot with a dip of your choice (like ketchup, hot-sauce, chutney, hummus or flavored cream-chess/yogurt)
Enjoy Crispy Lavash Rolls with your family. This is also a good option for kids meal and  for their lunch box

Labels: , , ,

~ Crispy Lavash Rolls - Substitute for Vegetable Puff ~
Posted by Swetha @ 6/26/2020 12:07:00 PM ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Home

Swetha's Fusion :: permalink